An application essay is also known as an admission essay. Sometimes, an application essay is also called a statement of purpose or personal statement. An application essay is written by a student when he/she is going to apply for a college or university. These application essays are also considered as common parts of the college or university admission process. There are some colleges and universities in which it is necessary for you to complete these application essays. Anyhow, there are also some colleges or universities in which these application essays are supplementary. Here, experts of cheap essay writing services will provide some essential tips to the students which are helpful for them to write a college application essay just like a pro.
Brainstorming Ideas for Your Essay:
The first step to write a college admission essay is to brainstorm your ideas. You can easily brainstorm the ideas for your college admission essay by following these essential tips;
Spend Some Time Thinking About the Question
Mostly, you have to write a college admission essay by following a prompt. For this reason, you should try to spend some time reading questions of the prompt and in thinking about these questions. After reading these guidelines, you should try to find out the best topic ideas for your college admission essay. Some essential college admission essays for your college application essays are given below;
- Describe an experience when you were unsuccessful in achieving your goals?
- What is your view about the world and which things influence you?
- Why you have chosen to spend the next four years of your life in college?
- What are some essential milestones that you have achieved during your last two academic years?
- Tell a story that illustrates your personality
Avoid Reusing Essays for Other College Applications
No doubt, when you are going to apply for a college, you will have to write lots of essays. You should try to write one college application essay for one college and there is no need to reuse it in another college. Its reason is that requirements and guidelines to write a college application essay are different for different colleges. If you reuse it in another college, it means that you are answering the different questions to the college admission committee members and they will try to reject your college application.
Think about What Makes You Different
When you are brainstorming for ideas, it is necessary for you to think about those things that are relevant to your essay. It means that you should think about your strengths and personality traits. Its reason is that if you want to get admission in a college by submitting the college admission essay, you will have to tell the college admission committee members that you are the best candidate to get admission in this college. It is possible only if you share such things about your personality that shows your strengths rather than weaknesses.
Don't Just List Extracurricular
While writing a college admission essay, it is necessary for you to list all of your extracurricular activities but if you are just relying on the extracurricular activities, it is wrong. Its reason is that there are millions of students who are also taking part in the extracurricular activities and it is hard for you to distinguish yourself among these candidates. Therefore, along with a list of extracurricular activities, it is also necessary for you to add some other aspects of your personality that distinguish you from other applicants.
Draft Your Essay
After selecting the best topic idea for your college admission essay, you should work on the admission essay writing task. Some essential tips to prepare the first draft of your essay are given below;
- Focus On One Topic: After gathering a list of the best topic ideas for your college admission essay, you just need to focus on one topic only. By focusing on one topic, it will be easy for you to organize your essay and stick to one point only.
- Have a Great Opener: It is a fact that the college admission committee members have to read lots of applications. Therefore, if you want to distinguish your application from other candidates and you want to get the attention of the admission committee members, it is necessary to you that you should commence your essay with a great opener.
- Write in Your Own Voice: There is no need to copy someone else's tone and writing style while creating a monument of your essay. Its reason is that in a college admission essay, you will have to explain your own point of view and it is difficult for you to explain your point of view by adopting the writing style of someone else.
- Write the First Draft: While preparing the first draft of your college admission essay, there is no need to worry about mistakes. Its reason is that these mistakes can be removed during the proofreading and editing process.
- Appeal to Readers' Emotions: You should try to show honesty while creating a monument to your essay. Its reason is that if you show honesty while creating a monument of your college admission essay, it will be easy for you to appeal the emotions of the readers.
Edit Your Essay
After creating the first draft of your college application essay, you should try to proofread and edit it and try to remove all the mistakes from your essay. For this reason, first of all, you should try to give yourself some space and try to read the essay after one or two days. Secondly, you should try to read the first draft of your essay in the hard form and try to spot all the grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes. Thirdly, you should try to adjust page length and word count of your essay. At last, you can also get help from the experts of essay writing services for the purpose of proofreading and editing of your college admission essay